What started as a side project during lockdown has since grown into a successful bootstrapped SAAS product. We continue to grow and have new features underway...


From my time in the music industry I kept seeing a huge pain point for artists and labels when it came to creating onesheets. These are essentially a promo page for artists that includes streaming data, a bio, featured playlists and more. They are shared within the music industry for promo purposes, sync deals, or management updates.

They are generally cobbled together from various different data sources, with everyone manually screenshotting images into a consortium of different formats, from PDFs to word docs and slide decks. This tedious process is arduous for all involved and the worst part is that sheets instantly become out of date once shared. This means people have to do this weekly, if not more! There was such a glaring problem to solve I couldn't help but have a go. Myself and developer friend teamed up and got building.


To some extent, the need for this tool had already been validated from chatting to artists and labels in the industry. But we did a quick exercise on LinkedIn to cold message (I know), various people from labels that could be interested. I built mock pages in HTML/CSS of what these screens could look like for their artists and waited to see what the response would be like (if any). The feedback was positive and we picked up a few key people to work with for feedback during development.


Being uncoupled from the process of a larger product team is exhilarating. We whipped together a working prototype in a week. The core of our idea was to use APIs from various sources to build these sheets automatically and keep them updated. The main one was Chartmetric, a service that does something similar but is focused on internal use for teams. This gave us a huge chunk of streaming data to work with. Alongside this, we used Spotify's API for artist search and featured playlists, Bands In Town for live shows, and Bing for artist images and news. We used an off-the-shelf open source CMS to allow users to manage and organise content. I designed the pages in Webflow and exported the code for use on the front end. The early designs were rough to say the least, but they got us up and running with a POC fast.


After creating our POC, we managed to get a couple of labels to sign up for a paid version. This meant real-world usage, and boy did the feedback come fast. It's very satisfying being able to iterate quickly and we introduced heaps of quality of life features and general improvements. The little things really made a difference, like being able to rename duplicate sections in the CMS and adding CTAs to empty states so when users added a new block they could quickly add content. We also added an automated YouTube integration, Tik Tok data and the option to add a Spotify widget.

We have begun a much-needed redesign of the UI alongside improvements to the codebase, especially the front-end which mainly consists of a mashup of my Webflow code.


This was the most fun I've had working on a project. After a few side projects that didn't reach their full potential, I learned so much about the core principles of launching a product, understanding clearly the problem you're solving and being razor-focused on that use case. People will be willing to pay for something that is rough around the edges if it helps their workflow enough. The speed you can move at in a tiny team that has access to feedback is liberating. We hope to expand the product and have a healthy backlog of improvements to keep working through.